The house projects never seem to end around here. We've been in our house for almost 10 years and have pretty much done about as much renovation as we can possibly do: the kitchen, the basement, the bathrooms, the back patio, the ront hall, new plumbing, etc....but even with all of that done I still find myself with a bunch of house projects on my to do list for this year. Thankfully they're all very small projects and I'm happy to say that I got one out of the way yesterday.
Parker's closet has been bugging the sh** out of me for at least a year now. Not to mention we were still using her diaper table that had only 3 drawers in it for her dresser and she needed more than that. And I felt like we were just hiding a bunch of stuff in her closet. Old toys, old clothes, etc....I mean the only things that were actually hanging in there were a bunch of dresses that she never wore and tons of plastic hangers. Unfortumately, the wall space in her room is not large enough for the shelving and drawer system that I had in mind....so, I basically ripped apart her closet and opened it up to her room! Dave took the doors off and we took out the bar and the shelf. I painted it pink (Parker's choice) and put in two Ikea Stuva units. I love how it turned out! And one of the best parts is that it forced me to declutter and get rid of a bunch of stuff. Here are a few before and after pics:
The side with all of the drawers holds all of her clothes and they are pretty large and deep so there's tons of space...no more overstuffed drawers that she can't open and close! The other side with the three drawers holds all of her her American Girl clothes, accessories, etc....meaning, no more little baskets holding stuff everywhere! Now it's all in one place. The two pink bins are just miscellaneous storage and the two white bins hold headbands, accesories, etc...
She does have a few dresses that are worth hanging up so I hung a large hook on the side that can hold about 8 hangers.
I moved her mirror next to the closet and hung two hooks to hold all of her necklaces...she has been asking for that sort of set up for a while.
The rest of her room is pretty much the same as in this post...except that I moved her little couch over to where the dresser was, next to the window and the dresser is now downstairs in my sewing room for me to use for all of my screenprinting supplies. So that's one project down! I will say that I was in Ikea hell last night! Putting those two things together was a chore to say the least!
And now that I have my new screenprinting station set up I can share a tour of my sewing space. I've had several emails and/or comments on my city kid account asking various questions about my sewing space, what kinds of machines I use (even what kind of thread I use!), etc...So I've been meaning to snap some pics and just share it all in one blog post. So stay tuned!
And happy Sunday! (And go Hawks!)